The program accepts a limited number of highly qualified applicants for the fall semester of each year. Applications for fall semester are accepted between October 1 and May 1. Don't put off your application! We admit qualified students into the program as we receive the applications (rolling admission).
- An earned undergraduate degree in recreation, parks, tourism, or a closely related degree; or at least one year of full-time professional work experience in the profession. Students who otherwise qualify but lack a related degree and/or need supplemental background information will be given additional readings and assignments due by the end of the fall semester Foundations course.
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA in a baccalaureate degree or for the last 60 semester units (90 quarter units) of undergraduate work (or over your entire bachelors or previous masters degree).
Your application will require the following
- Transcripts of all academic work
- Statement of purpose
- Current resume
- GRE Analytical writing score (the code for submitting scores to SF State is 4684)
- 3 letters of recommendation (at least one must be an academic and one a professional reference, may be submitted as an email attachment from the referee to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All international students will be required to achieve a minimum score of 80 out of 120 on the internet-based TOEFL (IBT) exam or equivalent or 7 on IELTS exam.
For more information about the application process go to the admission FAQs.
For Further Information, Contact:
Dr. Jackson Wilson, Graduate Coordinator
Department of Recreation, Parks, and Tourism
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Avenue San Francisco, CA 94132