Recreation, Parks, and Tourism (RPT) advising
All undergraduate major advising begins by scheduling a 20-minute advising appointment with Dr. Erik Rosegard (Department Chair/Undergraduate Coordinator) using: http://rpt.schedulething.com/
Two additional resources that focus on advising (e.g., GE, petitions, graduation, admission, academic probation) include:
- College of Health and Social Sciences (CHSS) Student Resource Center (SRC)
- University Advising Center (UAC)
Graduate students should meet with their advsor at least once per semester. The Gradduate Coordinator, Dr. Jackson Wilson, is also available for advising.
A 12-unit, 400-hour internship with one of 400+ RPT agencies within 60 miles of SF State is required of all students during their last semester at SF State. This culminating experience allows students to gain hands-on experience, apply classroom knowledge, and facilitate their transition from academics to a career.
Policy (update in progress)
Forms (accessible links coming soon)
All forms will be completed in RPT 600 (the semester before you begin your internship) with the exception of Form B (Verification of Hours), which can be submitted at any time.
- Form A – Degree Audit
- Form B – Verification of Hours
- Form C – Internship Interview Notes
- Form D – Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Form E – Petition to Waive Requirements
See the following policies and forms regarding petitions.
- Policy on Late Adds, Change of Grading Option, Audit
- Waiver of College Regulations: Late Add, Change of Section, Change of Grading Option(cr/nc), Miscellaneous, etc.
- CHSS Withdrawal Policy
- Withdrawal Form
- CHSS Retroactive Withdrawal Policy
- Retroactive Withdrawal Form
- CHSS Repeating Classes Policy
- Academic Standing Petition
- Advanced Standing Evaluation (ASE) Request
- Change/Declaration of Major or Minor
- Exceed Semester Maximum Units
Download Adobe Reader. The documents on this website have been identified as having barriers to accessibility. The site owner is working to remedy these access barriers. If you experience problems using this site/the documents, contact healthed.sfsu.edu.