“The quality of life is not measured by its length but by the fullness with which we enter into each present moment”
Native American Elder
Ph.D. – Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 2003
- Recreation Resource Management (Emphasis: Outdoor Recreation & Natural Resource Management).
- Dissertation: “Ethnic minority visitors and non-visitors: An examination of constraints regarding outdoor recreation participation in Rocky Mountain National Park”
M.A. – University of Maryland, College Park, MD 1992
- Outdoor Recreation & Resource Management (emphasis: Programming, Gender Studies).
- Thesis: “Portrayal of women climbers in Climbing magazine, 1970-1990: A content analysis”
B.S. – Bridgewater State College, Bridgewater, MA 1983
- Major: Physical Education; Concentration/emphasis: Recreation; Minor: Health and Psychology.
- Youth Development
- Outdoor Programming and Leadership
- Adventure-based Programs and Experiential Education
- Urban-Wildland Interface
- Wilderness Studies
- Evaluation Methods and Techniques
- Race/Culture, and Gender Issues