Professor Emerita (2005-2022)
RPT, Faculty Director of Community Engaged Scholarship and Learning, ICCE
“The quality of life is not measured by its length but by the fullness with which we enter into each present moment”
Native American Elder
Ph.D. – Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 2003
- Recreation Resource Management (Emphasis: Outdoor Recreation & Natural Resource Management).
- Dissertation: “Ethnic minority visitors and non-visitors: An examination of constraints regarding outdoor recreation participation in Rocky Mountain National Park”
M.A. – University of Maryland, College Park, MD 1992
- Outdoor Recreation & Resource Management (emphasis: Programming, Gender Studies).
- Thesis: “Portrayal of women climbers in Climbing magazine, 1970-1990: A content analysis”
B.S. – Bridgewater State College, Bridgewater, MA 1983
- Major: Physical Education; Concentration/emphasis: Recreation; Minor: Health and Psychology.
- Youth Development
- Outdoor Programming and Leadership
- Adventure-based Programs and Experiential Education
- Urban-Wildland Interface
- Wilderness Studies
- Evaluation Methods and Techniques
- Race/Culture, and Gender Issues